COVID-19 Update: All workshops have been rescheduled to the fall.
Outdoor portrait and headshot photography available as of June 12. Please contact me for an appointment.
A hands-on course designed to help you better understand how to use your DSLR or mirrorless camera and help you get consistently good photos. Photography fundamentals are covered including what aperture is, how ISO affects photos and how shutter speed works, plus how the three are related when it comes to exposure. Learn tips for how and when to use flash and how white balance affects images. You will also find out about basic composition to create more appealing photos. Make sure to bring your manual!
- Using Manual Modes to adjust aperture, shutter speed and ISO
- What is RAW?
- Carrying and stabilizing your camera
- Working with Flash
- Thinking creatively and changing your point of view
- Workstations to practice with your camera with help from the instructor
Photographing Artwork & Products
Designed to help business owners and artists take better photos that promote their products using even a cell phone.
- Take quality images for print, social media and websites.
- Basics on using props in your photos.
- Learn how lighting can elevate your products even on a budget.
- When should you call on a professional?
Long Exposure and Night Photography
Have fun while learning how lighting and motion affect your image in this workshop. A quick review of the basics is followed by subjects such as burning circles, sparklers, light painting and using neutral density filters. This workshop can be customized to your outdoor location of choice.
©ARB Photography Inc. 2019 | Site Design by Alayne Brisson